Senior Visual Effects Artist
Requisition ID ART0000VB
Infinity Ward is looking for an experienced Senior Visual Effects Artist responsible for creating visual effects for our next title. The ideal candidate will have experience in multiple game titles with particles, textures and some scripting ability.
Responsibile for creating particles, geometry and textured effects to achieve the following types of effects:
- Weather, Environment, Weapons and Destructibles
- Working closely with designers to implement effects
- Use our in house particle editor to author particle systems
- Scripting effects sequences in a text editor
- Setting up destructible objects with Radiant
- Remodel props into destroyed pieces in Maya
- Paint photorealistic textures in Photoshop
- Render realistic textures in the package of your choice
- Spec out and prototype post render effects
- Raising the bar for what's possible in a game engine
- Ensuring industry leading quality and artistic fidelity
- Simulation and destruction sequences
- Ability to get the job done despite complications. Troubleshooting and attention to detail, ability to think around corners.
- A strong eye for timing, weight, realism, color, volume, energy and other particle aesthetics.
- Ability to create realistic explosions, demolition, destruction.
- Adobe Photoshop and Autodesk Maya/3DSMax skills are essential, however particle effects are created with our own proprietary tool.
- Ability to adapt quickly to proprietary tools.
- Ability to script (No previous scripting is required, but you have to be unintimidated and willing to learn it quickly).
- 5 years game / film experience.
- Demonstrated top quality effects on at least three shipped game titles/films.
- Shader development in a node based editor or straight HLSL preferred.
- Self motivated.
- A passion for first person shooter video games.
- Experience with simulation software a plus – Real Flow, FumeFX, Houdini, etc…
- Basic knowledge of linear algebra/vector math.
While candidates with only film effects backgrounds will be considered, individuals with shipped game titles on their resume will be preferred.
Primary Location: Woodland Hills
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org